Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Fourth Trip: Oslo on Labor Day!

Being in Europe, we got to celebrate Labor Day there on a different day than in Canada.  He was off work and did manage to get someone from Montréal to cover his work while we went to Oslo to meet up with some friends now living in Zurich.  They suggested meeting in Oslo, and since Stinkypaw wanted to visit the capital, it was all arranged that the two couples would spent the long weekend there and I tagged along, of course!

Enjoying the nice big bed at the Thon Hotel Rosenkrantz
The next morning, I got to meet the friends, such a lovely couple...

In the Hotel Lobby
I have a feeling the friend was a little embarrassed to meet me, and to be taking a picture with me, but his wife liked me!

We walked around Oslo for a while, couldn't do much shopping since everything was closed so we made our way to Holmenkollen, the ski jump.  We had to take a metro to get there, it was a good 45 minutes ride (longer than expected) and I will say this, I got many looks and smirks sitting on the train...

Us three ladies...
Since the ride there was so long and there was this huge line up to visit the ski jump, it was decided to go back down and make our way to the Vigeland Sculpture Park.  When we got there, I got so excited, there were tulips popping up everywhere!  We had none of that where we lived, only some buds coming out and some dandelions, but no flowers yet...  I just had to go and see them up close!

Time to smell the flowers
That park was beautiful, not only because of the sculptures, there were quite the sight, but the grounds were so nice and well maintained, it was a gorgeous park, perfect for an afternoon stroll.


I don't know if there is any other park in the world with so many naked statues, all sizes and ages... it was quite the sight, really!

On our way out, I just had to photobomb the friend trying to do a nice selfie by the fountain!



It was a lovely day of walking and getting warmed up by the sun felt great!

This is the type of breaking we had, included with our room at the hotel...

Brasserie Paleo, Oslo
That brown cheese called Gjetost was deeeelicious!  And their jam as well!  Plus they had fresh pressed orange juice daily!

No comments:

Post a Comment